Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cameo Writing

Here are a selection of last weeks cameo writing on our favourite place...

"Cairns"
The crackle snap of wood, newspaper burning to ash.
The smoke rushing away.
People chatting away.
But I just sit there.
I hear the horse galloping away with its owner.
I smell mince pies and chicken pies.
It makes me feel hungry.
But I still have to sit there.
Then I hear it my mum calling me in.
FINALLY! I get to go. I’m in bed now.
It is silent.
I’m the only person awake.
I want to make noise but I don’t.
By Oli


"Camping"

Wonderful sounds.
Camp fires boiling like the sun.
Crackling in the coldness.
Trees waving like people - it is scary!
Then morning comes and the sounds come again.
Ash of the fire as black as coal.
Then we pack.
By Brad


"Night"

I’m sitting just sitting and then it happens...
"BOOM!" The music starts, the dance of the flame begins.
The crack-snap of possums breaking the wood.
The magic happens and the possums stop,
the flames stop dancing,
You hear that voice.
It sounds like a motor bike on full blast.
It smell’s like smoke, and then the screaming of mother begins
"DYLAN" I don’t move, the fire's out, no sign of possums.
Next minute, I’m lying in bed.
By Dylan


"The Fire"

I am sitting in the living room watching the fire.
It is crackling and snapping,
flickering and turning like a spinning top.
It is going up and down up and down.
My mum tells me to go to bed.
I can still hear the fire.
I am asleep when I wake up I run into the living room but its gone!
By Juliette


"The Beach"

The burning warmth on my feet of soft and welcoming sand.
The salty waves booming, crashing , and tumbling across the beach
until they melt into nothingness.
Sea gulls screech searching for something tasty to eat.
The sun is sparkling leaving warmth in every corner of the beach.
By Katie


"Lake Ruataniwha"

Sparkling blue like the sky on a summers day.
Boats racing across the lake leaving sparkling ripples carrying on for miles on end.
The water is as warm as an oven when you’ve just baked a cake.
Hours of swimming but I’m not tired at all!
Dozens of peopie on boats and shore.
My favourite place Lake Ruataniwha.
By Jody






5 comments:

DandZfamily said...

Great writing, and good to hear and see at assembly today.

Reenie said...

Hi Room 2, wow you have added some terrific and very evocative pieces of writing in this section. I was really happy to see Oli's description of Cairns. I am reading this from London and will pop again to see what you are up to in Mac Bay. Hooroo, Reenie

d&zg-ma&g-dad said...

Hullo Room 2 from the Q family in Taupo.
Nice to see your blog and read your stories etc.

Anonymous said...

Hello room 2 from Connor P in Liverpool England.I am with my cousins Dan and Emma and my Auntie Marg.I have been to some great soccer matches and yesterday I saw a giant spider bigger than a house in Liverpool. Mr Mitchell I have started my homework. See you in a week from Connor

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am very impressed with your writing. I am a teacher in a school in Gisborne and was searching the internet for some inspiration for my writing programme and I found your site. Excellent work, keep it up.